Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
2020 – 2025
Statement of Commitment
We strive to continually eliminate barriers and improve our products and offering to clients, employees and the public in order to deliver equal opportunity experiences to all, regardless of their accessibility needs.
Exchange Solutions is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
What we plan to do:
This section of the Multi-Year Accessibility Plan outlines our commitment to achieving accessibility standards over the next five years. We’ve renewed our diversity and inclusion goals to include the development of a plan to remove barriers related to attraction, retention and development of people with disabilities.
Such initiatives include:
- Reviewing existing policies and processes in anticipation of developing an Accessible implementation plan, so that we can identify and remove future barriers (2021-2022);
- Implement new mandatory Diversity & Inclusion training course for all employees, including a module on accessibility (2021-2022);
- Redesigning the current mandatory accessibility training program (2022-2023);
- Updating our Accessibility Plan (2024)
What we’re doing to meet existing accessibility standards and identify and remove accessibility barriers:
Throughout 2021, we are conducting a review of our accessibility policies, plans and processes.
We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee:
- can reach their fullest potential;
- is respected for who they are;
- is embraced for their differences and similarities.
Our approach to accessibility respects the dignity, inclusion and participation of our employees. Inclusive design is part of our commitment, considering all people and their diverse needs and preferences. Consistent with this, we are:
- Conducting a review of the employee life cycle to determine where accessibility could be included or enhanced, and to ensure that accommodations are available where required.
We’re committed to providing training on the requirements of Ontario’s and Canada’s accessibility and human rights laws as they apply to people with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, we’ve:
- Included accessibility in mandatory online employee training for all new employees;
- Identifying and Launching a Diversity & Inclusion training course for all employees, including a module on accessibility;
Information & Communications
We’re committed to ensuring that we make information and communications accessible to people with disabilities and to providing accessible ways to communicate with clients and employees that foster participation and respect, no matter how individuals choose to interact with us.
We’re dedicated to making our website accessible for each and every individual – regardless of ability, context or situation. We believe access should be barrier-free, and that good design should reflect the diversity of the people who interact with it. Consistent with this commitment, we’ve taken the following steps:
- Compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA for our website, applications and digital content;
- Engaged the expert services of accessibility specialists to regularly review our website for ongoing compliance review and enhancements;
- Incorporated the digital accessibility responsibility to our digital/graphics and development team role profiles for accessibility awareness and reference;
We welcome feedback on how we provide accessible Client service. Client feedback will help us identify barriers and respond to concerns. We’ll make sure our feedback process is accessible to people with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communication supports, on request.
Feedback can be provided by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.